Thursday, 24 January 2008

Hot Soba!

Being sick wasn't any fun, especially when I lost my appetite with it.

After a week of plain porridge with a dash of shoyuu, which did nothing to boost my feeling of general well-being, I decided to try this.

I needed something to warm me up and give me essential vitamins and this dish is packed with everything necessary and taste great! But, I have to admit, I strayed from the original recipe so I can make it into my comfort food.

The basics of this dish remains the same; soba tsuyuu, mirin, dashi, shio, negi and goma. I used cha soba instead of the normal kind to get some oxidants if any.

Soba is chock full of Vit B and is said to lift depression. Perfect for my downwards sliding state of mind. Minced pork provided the sustanence and lastly, instead of cracking in an onsen tamago, I added raw tobiko.

Clear soup, chewy noodles, puri-puri no tobiko....I was in heaven! Needless to say, I felt better and stronger after the lavish dinner and a good night's sleep.

No comments: